Introduction: Light Puzzle
The lights will only light up if all lines are aligned together in one straight line.
Step 1: MaterialsTools
- cardboard/ foamboard
- 9 LEDs (different colours preferable)
- 9 1K� resistors
- conductive tape
- one 1.5 volts battery with the holder
Step 2: Step1
2. Draw the line patterns.
- Two lines intersect with each other on the front part of the cardboard/foamboard.
- Two lines intersect with each other on the back part of the cardboard/foamboard.
- The lines from both sides should not be drawn on the same position.
- Front: TOP LEFT, Back: BOTTOM RIGHT.
- Front: TOP RIGHT Back: BOTTOM LEFT.
- Front: BOTTOM LEFT, Back: TOP RIGHT.
- Front: BOTTOM RIGHT, Back: TOP LEFT.
Step 3: Step2
1. Stick the conductive tape according to the drawn lines. (2 lines in front and 2 lines at the back).
Front --> with LED head on the surface
Back --> with LED legs on the surface
2. Connect the long leg of the LED with a resistor.
3. The other side of the resistor leg should go through the board and touch the conductive tape on the front part (you can tape it using conductive tape).
4. The short leg of the LED should touch one of the conductive tape on the back part (you can tape it using conductive tape).
Step 4: Step3
- (+) on any of the front lines and (-) on any of the back lines.
3. Connect both front lines and back lines together. (Rotate the plate so that both lines (front and back) meet with the other plate).
Step 5: Step4
1. Create 9 pieces of LED plate.
2. Attach a bent wire on every end of the conductive tape (front and back), 8 in total for one plate.
Step 6: Step5
1. Make hooks to hang one plate to another.
2. Patterns of lines can be changed by rotating the plates but a line from one plate to another should be aligned in one straight line.
3. A 1.5 volts battery is connected to one of the plates.