This is super easy to do even if its your first time building a circuit.
I submitted these leggings to the Soft Circuit Contest! Check out all the awesome projects submitted and submit a project yourself!
Step 1: Materials
2. Conductive Thread - sparkfun.com
3. 2 Battery Holders - sparkfun.com
4. 2 Coin Cell Batteries (3V)
5. 2 220 ohm resistors
6. 12 LEDs
7. Metal Clasp or Snap (not in picture)
9. Cardboard - 5" wide and 9-12" long, cut the edges so they are rounded, this cardboard insert will be used to help you sew
Step 2: The Circuit
Each leg is a separate circuit with 6 LEDs. The LEDs are wired in parallel. The rest of the circuit is in the back of the leggings.
This circuit can be transfered onto a t-shirt, bracelet, you name it!
Step 3: Prepare LEDs and Resistors
Using a pair of pliers or tweezers curl the ends of the LEDs and resistors so they are easy to sew.
Step 4: Prepare Leggings
Put the cardboard insert in the leggings where you are sewing so you have a surface to sew on. If you don't use this you will need to have one arm in the leggings as you are sewing and this will be hard.