Introduction: Light a Fire With Water
Hi everybody! In this instructables I will show you how to make fire with... water!
The principle is to use water as a refracting lens. It is not complicated, with a little training, we start a fire in 1 minute chrono!
To start a fire you need 3 elements: an oxidizer, a fuel and an activation energy.
The oxidizer will be the oxygen contained in the air, the fuel will be the tinder and our activation energy: the sunlight that we will concentrate in one point thanks to water.
Step 1: Components and Tools Needed
- A transparent plastic bag
- tinder (in this instructable I used sawdust and crushed coal)
Step 2: Preparing Tinder
One of the most important things when one wants to ignite a fire is the tinder. That's 50% of the work.
For this instructable, I used sawdust and crushed coal.
- saw wood and recover the sawdust.
- crush coal.
- put in a nest of dry grass, or in a bark for example.
Step 3: Preparing Water
We will now prepare our refracting lens made of water.
- put the water in the bag.
- Forming a carrot by twisting 3 of the corners of the bag.
- Tighten the bag to have an almost sphere holding it at point A and B.
Step 4: Light the Fire!
Now that everything is ready, we can light the fire.
- hold your sphere of water above your tinder and move it gently in order to obtain a concentration of light in 1 point as bright as possible, almost white.
- When smoke starts to appear do not stop! Continue until there is a lot of smoke.
- blow gently on your ember.
- Add wood more bigger and bigger
Now you know how to light a fire with water! congratulations!
Step 5: Bonus: All Steps and Demonstration in Video!
If you liked this project, subscribe to my Youtube channel !