I made a couple of versions; one, I made with the light bulb lying on it's side, the second style is standing upright with an led candle as a stand.
Step 1: Materials
- incandescent light bulbs
- small toys/figurines that can fit in light bulbs
- glitter and/or crushed egg shells*
- distilled water/ or just boiled and cooled tap water
- led candle
- bottle cap that can fit the neck of the light bulb
- clear silicone (aquarium) sealant, or waterproof glue (see step 8 with regards to glue)
- screwdriver or knife
- steel wool or a kitchen scrubby
- old sock (to protect hands when dismantling light bulb)
- egg carton -this makes a great stand while you are working on the light bulb
For snow I used egg shells. Just hard boil an egg. Remove shell (peel off that thin membrane and discard, it will stick to the glass, not good), and crush into small pieces with a spoon.