Step 1: Materials
1. duct tape
2. small led flashlight(mine came with laser pointer)
3. small plastic or metal container(i used ice breakers container)
4. white plastic trash bag
5. strike on anywhere matches
6. nine volt battery
7. steel wool
8. iodine tablets(to purify water)
9. fishing line
10. paper clip, or fishing hook.
11. section of band saw blade, or other saw
Step 2: Prepare the materials for inside the container
Step 3: Prepare knife/saw blade and sheath
For the saw blade, I used a section of an old band saw blade, but there are many different ways of doing the same thing. After you have a length of the saw blade, you can sharpen the back side of the saw to create a knife edge. You can also sharpenth tiop slightly to create a screwdriver head. For the handle, duct taped the led light onto the end of the saw blade. Make sure you have it facing away from the blade, so the light is more effective. Also make sure the blade is facing towards the handle so when you pull it towards yourself on wood, it wood be cutting effectively.
To make a sheath for your blade, simply fold a peice of paper around it and then duct tape it so that it stays put.