- I began as 3- 1/4 sheets of chocolate cake. Layered with butter cream icing.
- I found pics of Lightning McQueen on the internet, print them, cut them out and line the cut image with parchment or wax paper... cut it out into the shape also. Pin it with toothpicks on the top of the car first and cut around the picture, then repeat for the sides, front and back. It also help if you have a 3-D toy to view as a model.
- Cut them out and pined them to the cake layers. then cut the cake to match the shape.
- Trim and cut the cake to create the fenders, wheel wells, and spoiler.
- Dirty Ice the cake
- Ice the cake
- Create fondant accents and designs and add them to the cake just a few hrs before delivery.
I am so excited I was able to make my own fondant and I had a project to use it on. Just the details are fondant and the red car is Butter cream. Hope you enjoy.