I then added a few screws that went through the outside of the pommel to the inside to catch the film canister and that pommel is all tied together as...
For the emitter end, I toyed with a knob that I had picked up for a dollar at Ocean State Job Lot. but it really didn't seem to be the solution. So I had some old hard drive bits from drives that I have taken apart. (for security reasons....)
using a drift and a hammer, the drive parts come apart. They're only press fit.
I did sand down the drive motor so it would fit in the same spot as the old lens. Thank goodness for a belt sander!
Bio:I'm an actor/tech/IT/graphics/editor/writer kind of guy. I do a fair share of voice over work and have the full time gig at Bard College at Simon's Rock. While waiting for machines to do things, I h...read more »