Introduction: Lime Filling Meringue Cupcakes
A simple recipe for a lime filled meringue topped cupcake of deliciousness.
Very easy to make it just takes a little longer than normal cupcakes.
Perfect for people who love lime!!
Step 1: Lets Make the Cupcakes
• 2 1/2 C cake flour
• 1 1/2 C sugar
• 1 t baking soda
• 1 T cocoa powder
• 1 t salt
• 2 eggs
• 1 1/2 C vegetable oil
• 1 C buttermilk
• 2 t vanilla extract
• 1 t white vinegar
1. 1 Sift together flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa, and salt into a medium bowl.
2 Beat eggs, oil, buttermilk, food coloring, vanilla, and vinegar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until well combined.
3 Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth, about 2 minutes.
4 Grease and flour your cupcakes pans or line them with cupcake cups.
5 Fill 3/4 full with cupcake batter.
6 Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7 Let the cup cakes cool and while you are waiting make up the Lime filling.
Step 2: The Lime Filling
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 3 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 1/2 cups water
• 2 lime, juiced and zest
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 4 egg yolks, beaten
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter.
2. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of the hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat.
3. While the sugar mixture cools for a bit go back to the cupcakes and get out a knife. Cut circular pyramid like shapes out of the middle for the filling.
4. Get yourself a spoon and fill in the cupcakes. Let cool.
Step 3: Mmmmeringue
• 4 egg whites
• 1 cup of sugar
• ½ tsp cream of tarter
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees
2. In a large glass or metal bowl, whip egg whites until foamy. Add sugar gradually, and continue to whip until stiff peaks form.
3. If you need it to be a bit stiffer add a small amount of sugar at a time while whisking.
4. Get out your piping bag (you can use the corner of most plastic bags just don’t cut the hole to big) place it over a cup with the tip inside and fill the meringue topping into the bag and pipe it on to your cooled cupcakes.
5. Bake again for 35 minutes. And let cool again.
Step 4: The Finnished Cupcake!
Last Step: Devour!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.