quite a few years ago.Since then i have added and changed a few ingredients to make it my own.
Step 1: Ingredients
- 1 pound Barilla linguini
- (3) 6.5 oz cans (chopped ) clams
- (3) 6.5 oz cans whole button mushrooms
- 3 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup parsley flakes
- 3 garlic cloves
Step 2: Making the Clam Sauce
Step 3: Finishing the Sauce
- Add the 3 cans of clams and the juice ! NEVER drain the clam juice,Its the most important part.. Then the 3 cans whole mushroom caps (and those you drain) .Turn the heat on high and bring to a boil
- Next turn the heat to medium for a slower boil. Add the 1/4 cup parsley flakes and 1 Tbs red hot pepper flakes. I use the whole mushroom caps because as the sauce cooks down the mushrooms get soft and soak in all the flavors . And you can taste the red pepper flakes in ever mushroom cap!
- Cook for 20 minutes on medium heat and you will notice that the juices have turned a tan color and is getting thicker. .Thats when you know its almost done.