Introduction: LinkIt ONE + IR Reciever
This instructable will step you through how to get an infrared receiver working with the LinkIt ONE and print out the receivers input.
Step 1: Materials
Step 2: IR Recv Library Installation
- Download the .zip file from here:
- Extract the folder to your desktop
- Move the extracted folder to your main arduino libraries folder
Installation of the library is the same as you would with any other arduino library
Step 3: Wiring
If you have the module I have:
- "-" pin on module to GND on LinkIt ONE
- Middle in on module to 5V on LinkIt ONE
- "S" pin on module to D2 on LinkIt ONE (MUST BE D2!!!!)
If you have the individual receiver : (Going from left to right when looking at receiver)
- Left pin on module to D2 pin on LinkIt ONE (Must be D2)
- Middle pin on module to 5V on LinkIt ONE
- Right pin on module to GND on LinkIt ONE
For some reason the library requires the infrared input to be through pin D2 (Took me forever to figure it out lol)
Step 4: Code
Use the file I have uploaded. It simply receives the infrared value and then spits out the value it received into the Serial Monitor as a string of numbers.
Note: You may have to delete the RobotIRRemote library in your arduino libraries folder if the arduino IDE compiler complains about it
Step 5: Use It!
Simply upload the code to your LinkIt ONE and then open the serial monitor and start sending it values using any infrared remote you have lying around the house!
Feel free to comment any problems you have, I am always willing to help out as best I can!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.