Introduction: LinkSprite Weather Station Kit With Solar Panel Powered by LinkNode and LinkSpriteIO
LinkSprite weather station is one kind of LinkSprite IoT kit which is powered by ESP8266 WiFi SoC. This kit can automatically collect environmental data including temperature, humidity and pressure, and display them on the local LCD. At the same time, it would upload these data periodically to LinkSprite IoT cloud server. User can check them on the website or using APP. This also is an open source product and you can download the hardware and software from the website.
Step 1: Part List
Temperature & humidity sensor
Automatically sync data to LinkSpriteIO
Step 2: 1. Hardware Assembling
1. There are 6 acrylic panels to build a case for weather station
2. Mount the solar panel onto the D panel, connect solar panel and battery to power management module
3. Use screws to mount the LinkNode D1 and T&M sensor module onto the B panelUse Blue-tack to paste the pressure sensor module and RTC module on B panel
4. Mount the SerLCD on the A panel
5. According to the following connection diagram to connect the LinkNode D1 and other peripherals
Step 3: 2. Access to LinkSpriteIO
1. Register to or sign in LinkSpite.io
Go to My devices –> Create DIY device
2. Create a new device:
Device Name: any name
Device Type: 03(Weather station)
Group Name : any name
3. Open the new created Device and get Device ID
4. Go to My profile to get your own API key
Step 4: 3. Software Programming
1. Install Arduino IDE
Make sure you have installed Arduino IDE with ESP8266 Arduino core, details you can check here
2. Prepare the libraries
Download the Arduino project and related libraries from attachment or github
Unzip the WeatherStationLibraries.zip and move the files to the Arduino/libraries which is located in your account directoryOpen Arduino IDE and go to Sketch –> Include Library –> Manage Libraries
Search the wifimanager and install it
3. Update and your program
Using Arduino IDE to open the WeatherStation Arduino projectUpdate Arduino project with your own deviceID and apikey
4.Download the program
Configure the board type and select the serial port which is recognized by your PC when using usb cable to connect to PC and LinkNode D1.
Click the run button to program LinkNode D1
Step 5: 4. Run and Test
1. After upload the program, the LinkNode D1 will create a AP called LinkNodeAPUse your mobile phone to connect this APOpen a browser and enter the IP address 10.0.1.1 and you will see the following website:
2. Click the button configure WiFiSelect your WiFi AP which you want to connect and enter your WiFi passwordIf connecting failed, you can go to the same website to configure it again
Short press the button on the weather station and it will turn on the backlight of LCDLong press the button and it will change the display information
3.Go to the device webpage on LinkSprite.io and check the data which are sent from LinkNode D1.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.