You'll have a blast customizing and remixing the variations on this recipe to find your perfect match. More color, more flavor, more gloss? Go for it! Here are some great suggestions to get you started on your path to lip gloss glory!
This basic recipe without any color or scent is also a great alternative to petroleum jelly. Let's end our dependence on petroleum!
Step 1: Materials
- Wax - beeswax or paraffin - grated or in pearls
- Carrier oil - castor, sesame, almond, jojoba, sunflower, coconut, olive, etc. - or a combination of the above.
- Cocoa butter or shea butter
- Vitamin E oil
- Flavoring: natural extract, essential oils, or even kool-aid or torani syrup
- Color: beet juice, lipstick nubs, food coloring, etc.
- Microwave-proof container
- Stirring stick (I use chopsticks)
- Small containers