This is a light that I came up with to hang above my bar. I used empty liquor bottles and light fixtures. To make 1 light, you will need:
- 1 empty liquor bottle (or wine)
- 1 lamp fixture kit ($10.97 @ HD)
- 1 25 watt equivalent cold cathode compact fluorescent bulb ($13.47 for a pair @ HD). Through my testing, I found this one to be the best because they produce almost no heat. They are also dimmable - a nice plus. The package I got came with adapters because the base of the bulbs are smaller that the conventional size.
- Optionally, some rope or equivalently attractive material from which to hang the light. The original design called for this, but I discovered that I didn't mind hanging the light from the cord (not to worry - the light weighs very little).
- A diamond blade outfitted in either a wet tile saw, or angle grinder.