Introduction: Little "Bregg" Baskets
Breakfast, bacon, bread and eggs: what more could you want? These little baskets of "eggy"-goodness are extremely yummy, easy to make and you can top them with whatever you like!
Step 1: Ingredients and Tools
- Eggs (one per basket)
- Bread (one slice per basket)
- Bacon (one piece per basket)
- Toppings: cheese, tomatoes
- Spices: salt, pepper, mixed herbs
- Muffin tray
- Cutting board
- Non-stick spray
- Cheese grater
- Rolling pin
Step 2: Start With the Bread
Slice the bread, preferably with a bread knife, into thin slices (or buy pre-sliced bread).
Roll the bread slices as flat as you can using the rolling pin. (Flatten the bread before cutting off the crusts to prevent the bread from falling apart).
Cut the crusts off the bread. Keep these as a snack or use them to make croutons!
If you want, you can roll the slices once more with the rolling pin.
Spread the butter on each slice. If you want, you can spread it on both sides, but one side is fine.
If any pieces of the bread break off, keep it for later when you make the baskets.
Step 3: Prep the Toppings
Cut the tomatoes into little pieces.
Cut the bacon strips to fit the inside of the bread.
Grate the cheese.
Step 4: Building the Basket
Spray the muffin tray with non-stick spray.
Shape the bread into the muffin tray, with the buttered side facing down, as shown in the pictures.
If the bread breaks, don't worry. Use the broken bits and pieces from earlier with more butter to patch the basket up.
Place the bacon on the bread.
Crack the eggs into the baskets.
Put the tomatoes and spices in the basket and cover the basket with cheese.
Put the muffin tray in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 15-20 minutes.
Step 5: Final Notes
- Let them baskets cool a bit before taking them out of the muffin tray. Gently run a knife around them to loosen them and gently lift them out.
- If you take the baskets out of the oven and they are still not completely done, you can pop them in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- The toppings and spices are completely up to you! I used tomatoes, salt, pepper and mixed herbs, because that's what I like. You can use avocado, spinach, rocket, mushrooms, peppers (red, green or yellow), sausages, mince, etc.
- Most importantly, enjoy!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.