Step 8: Finishing up
2) Beginning on the left side of the zipper, leave ½” seam allowance and pin the waistband to the skirt, right sides together.
3) Sew the waistband to the skirt.
4) With right side together, sew the ends of the waistband together. Clip and turn.
5) Fold the seam allowance into the waistband. Press.
6) Sew along the waistband as close to the seam as possible.
7) Sew buttonhole into the tab on the waistband.
8) Mark where the button should be, and sew on a button.
9) Finish all the seams and hem the skirt with a narrow hem.