Tiny things put together make the big picture! This instructable will guide on how to carve crayons and make a cool art of them.
Step 1: Materials
- Thick paper
- Carving tools
- Tin foil
- Double-sided tape or glue
Step 2: Step 1: Cut Draw the Logo
First off you would want to cut out your paper so it fits your frame and then on the same piece of paper you will draw the logo. In my case I copied the Batman logo and outlined it on the paper.
Step 3: Step 2: Carving the Crayons
This is a very messy process but also slightly dangerous one as you can cut yourself unless you are careful. It takes a lot of time and patience too! But here is how you will do it;
- Scrape off any markings and labels you have on your crayons as in picture 1 and 2
- Start carving a flat surface on your crayon as shown pictures 3 and 4
- Outline the letter you want to carve out with your knife (picture 5)
- If you want to make a hole in your crayon you need to be very careful because it will break easily. You will make the holes by rotating your knife or toothpick (picture 6). Holding a needle over a candle and quickly piercing through the crayon helps too but be very careful when working with fire and sharp tools.
Step 4: Step 3: Placement
By now you should have all your crayons carved out and ready to be glued on the paper. But first you will need to cut off the excess crayon.
- Place the crayons as you wish (picture 1)
- Mark where the rest of the crayon needs to be cut off with your knife (picture 2 and 3)
- Cut off the crayon
- Repeat same procedure with the crayons that would come in between the ''letter'' crayons
Step 5: Step 4: Glueing
Now all you have to do is glue the crayons. I found out that because of their surface it was difficult to glue them with at liquid glue and instead I used double-sided tape.