One day my son's best friend, showed me how he used post-it notes to help him remember homework and other school related importantness. The post it notes were easier that his agenda, because by the time he got that out, he was likely to have forgotten what it was he needed to write.
I thought this would be a great strategy for my son too when he enters the daunting middle school next year, but I felt like it would be fun to gussy them up a bit. So I created monster "Post-it note covers". I made one for my son, and one as a thank you for his best friend.
Step 1: What you'll need
- Bookboard, 2 pieces per monster( 31/4 x 3 3/4 inches)
- Fur, 1/4 yard was more than enough.
- Felt. 3 pieces of about 3 x 3 1/2 (red) and 1 piece of white for the teeth (3 x 2 inches)
- 2 eyes (stuffed animal eyes)
- 1/2 yard gross grain ribbon
- glue (elmers or PVA)
- hole punch of some sort (and hammer)
- small saw (not pictured)