You will need:
2 cups sugar
2/3 cups light corn syrup
3/4 cup coffee or espresso
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon white liquid food coloring (found at Hobby Lobby)
Pam or other non-stick spray
Lined pan (to put the molds on, recommended but not necessary)
Measuring cups and rubber spatula
Large pot (no smaller than 5 qt or may boil over)
Something to wrap/store them
1. Spray the molds lightly and set up the sticks. Set aside.
2. Bring the sugar, coffee, and corn syrup to a boil in the pot until it reaches 290 degrees. Stir only until the sugar dissolves.
3. Remove from heat and let the bubbles simmer down.
4. Add the food coloring and vanilla and stir just until blended in.
5. Transfer into the glass pitcher.
6. Pour slowly into the molds. (This step can get messy.)
7. Allow to cool and remove from molds. Now you can wrap them as gifts or store them in an air tight container.
**You need to work fairly quickly and be careful. It is very hot!
**If the candy starts to get too thick it can be warmed in the microwave for a few seconds.
**For other flavors, just use plain water instead of coffee and substitute whatever extracts and colors you want.
**Molds are not necessary. Pour the mixture in small "globs" onto foil, insert a stick, and pull the stick up as you twirl.