Along the way I will point out my follies in the creation of this last deck so you may create a work of art that well exceeds mine!
Now there are a few preference points that you will need to decide on as you start your design -
- Deck purpose, is it a sliding deck, bombing deck, or a cruising deck?
- depending on the purpose of the deck depends on the length and will alter your overall design.
- sliding would look more like what i am making now, and between 34"-36", bombing 40"-41" and cruising can be short (like a fish board) or long (like a pin tail)
*Now ^ this is all preference to how you ride and you are free to try your own designs and i recommend looking at companies designs and purposes of boards to refine your design.
These are my two finished boards!
Step 1: On To The Building!
- Ply Wood ( We used BC plywood and for the slider we used Red Oak, NOTE: the BC worked better.
- Tight Bond 3 Wood Glue(Its good stof!)
*- Fiberglass Mesh ( We used screen material, it doesn't add enough to be needed, feel free to try different inlay materials and give me feed back on your results!) -* Optional Material!
- Tape Mesure
- Clamps ( I have 12)
- Rasp ( for cleaning up and shaping the board)
- Sand paper ( I used 220)
Step 2: Continue!
Mesure Twice - Cut Once!!
Your design might change a little as you go, be flexible and fix what problems are thrown at you, and if you get stressed while working STOP AND EAT and come back to it after.