This is a culmination of ideas I've been having for a while about a pipe project, and I'm glad it all came together so easily.
It's cheap too! Even if you bought all the materials fresh, it would probably be around 10-15$ US.
This pipe is intended for tobacco use, like most long pipes are. Don't use it for things you shouldn't smoke, etc, etc. Smoking is bad, don't start, and lets leave it at that.
I wanted to make a Gandalf-style pipe, but it just didn't turn out that way, but I still like how it looks.
Let's make one!
Step 1: Materials
- A piece of wood about 1.5 inches long and in diameter. You can use really whatever kind of wood you want, since the wood won't be burning, but I used walnut.
- A thin shoot from a pithy-centered tree about half an inch in diameter, maybe a bit more, I also used walnut, It helps tremendously if it is still green. Straight is highly recommended.
- A 1/4 inch piece of brass or steel tubing. Normally, brass is discouraged for pipes, but in this case it is being used for the stem instead of the bowl, and will not get hot enough to release toxins.
- A standard 12-gram CO2 cartridge. You can pick these up at a bike shop for refill kits, or in the airguns section at a Walmart or other store. Please disperse the gas safely, either by shooting it in an airgun or by filling a tire with it.
- Gorilla Glue Wood Glue, found at home centers.