This instructable shows how I made some wheel covers for my longboard using bottle caps and some scrap hose from a washer machine.
The covers don't move along with the wheels as they are hold to each wheel's nut.
Step 1: List of material
This is what you need:
- 4 Bottle caps - Which ones is your choice, I wanted some of the same color as the wheel.
- Blade or knife to cut the hose
- Permanent marker or any other to mark the hose
- Strong glue to fix the hose to the bottle caps - I used some two parts epoxy glue I had available.
- Piece of paper to mark the hose
- 4-6 inches of rubber hose - you really don't need that much but is better to have a long piece for better handling. The diameter is best explained in the second picture above. Basically, the inner diameter of the hose has to be just a bit smaller that the size of the nut. Most trucks have 1/2" inch nuts so the inner diameter of the hose would have to be approx 7/16"