Introduction: Lost Your Button? Fix It With Hot Glue Stick
This is an entry in the
Epilog Challenge 9
Losing buttons from your clothes can go wrong when you want to go out for something important.And you might not have a button to fix it.
In this instructable I will be explaining how to make the best of a bad situation.
With a Hot Glue gun stick ,needle and a thread ,you can make your own button easily .
Lets get Started :)
Step 1: This Is What You Will Need
- Hot Glue Stick
- Sewing Needle
- Sewing Threads
- Razor Blade
- Drawing Compass
Step 2: Cutting
Cut off a piece of hot glue stick in the length that you want your buttons to have.
Step 3: Make the Button Holes
By using a compass.make four holes in the button big enough to get a needle through.
Step 4: Sew on the Button
- Cut a 12 to 15 inch section of thread. Feed one end of the thread through the eye of the needle. Pinch the ends of the thread together and pull the needle to the center.
- Knot the ends of the thread twice. This will keep the knot tight, and make it large enough not to slip through the fabric of the dress shirt.
- Push the needle through the dress shirt from the back through one of the holes on the button. Pull the thread taut. Reinsert the needle through the diagonal button hole.
- Repeat above step for the other two button holes.
- Continue to repeat these steps until four complete stitches have been made.
- Finish by pushing the needle through to the back one last time and double knot the thread to secure it to the stitches on the underside of the dress shirt.
- Cut extra thread by using scissor .
Step 5: Done :)
This is what your hot glue stick button look like .
Here you can see that button color is not matching with color.You can use multi color hot glue sticks or you can paint it with nail polish to get similar look.
Happy Making :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.