Step 1: Supplies You Will Need
1) At least one carrot, but you'll get asked for more, anyway, so you might as well get several carrots out.
2) A carrot peeler
3) A sharp knife. This is my favorite carrot knife. It's a great shape for chopping, and it's long enough to handle a whole carrot.
4) A cutting board
5) Optional: a small container or ziplock bag, so you can save the bits you cut off for stir fry or soup.
Step 2: Prepare the Carrot
Step 3: Cut the Bottom Point
2) Turn the carrot around so the flat edge is on the bottom, and cut off about a quarter of the carrot again, angling the knife into the cutting board. If you look at your carrot from the end, you should see a point.
Step 4: Rough Cut the Top of the Heart
2) Flip the carrot around so the other flat side us on the cutting board. There should still be a flat side on your left.
3) Finesse your cuts until you can remove a wedge of carrot.
Step 5: Round Out the Heart.
2) Similarly, shave off the angles on the sides of the carrot.
If you look at the carrot from the end, you should see a nice heart.