If you start manufacturing them now you'll have made everyone their Christmas presents by the end of August!
They are very simple to make and you don't need a sewing machine.
I made this one in about an hour from start to finish.
You will need:
- A hot water bottle (I got mine from Boots- it cost about £6)
- An old woolley jumper/ sweater/ scarf/ blanket at least twice the size of the hottie. It must be at least 80% pure wool. Wash it in a hot wash (about 60 oC with normal detergent) and or tumble dry so that it shrinks and becomes felted. You could use synthetic fleece instead.
- Tissue paper/ newspaper/ A3 peice of paper
- Ruler/ tape measure or a rough guess at 1cm
- Darning needle and similar coloured or contrasting coloured darning wool (thin wool) or ordinary thread would do.
- Sewing machine
- Ribbon (about 30cm)