Smoking a brisket can be an intimidating task, but with this Instructable and my 3-stage smoking technique, you'll be serving up fork-tender, mouth-watering brisket like a pro.
Step 1: Gather Ingredients
You'll need to gather everything at least a day ahead of time to allow the meat to marinate overnight.
- Large Disposable Pan with Plastic Lid.
- Trimmed Brisket (the size doesn't matter, I used 2 small ones)
- 1 Bottle Claude's Brisket Marinade
- 1 Bottle Cheap Italian Dressing
- Two Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
- Aluminum Foil
- 4 Fist-Sized Hickory Wood Chunks
- Creole-Style Rub (or any dry rub of your choice)
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce