Step 1: Gather Ingredients
- Large Disposable Pan with Plastic Lid.
- Trimmed Brisket (the size doesn't matter, I used 2 small ones)
- 1 Bottle Claude's Brisket Marinade
- 1 Bottle Cheap Italian Dressing
- Two Gallon Sized Ziploc Bags
- Aluminum Foil
- 4 Fist-Sized Hickory Wood Chunks
- Creole-Style Rub (or any dry rub of your choice)
- Your Favorite BBQ Sauce
Step 2: Marinade and Creole Rub
Combine ingredients for the rub. If you're doing a large brisket, you should double this recipe.
T. = Tablespoon, t. = Teaspoon
2 T. Brown Sugar
1 T. Paprika
1 t. Seasoned Salt (I used Lawry's)
1 t. Garlic Salt
1 t. Onion Salt
1 t. Chili Powder
1 t. Black Pepper
1/2 t. White Pepper
1/2 t. Cumin
1/2 t. Dried Crushed Bay Leaves
Mix well and cover for later.
Step 3: Prepare the Brisket
8:00am - Remove brisket from bags and discard marinade. Pat dry with paper towels and let sit at room temp in the disposable pan lid. Prepare smoker or grill for low indirect heat (about 250 degrees F)
8:15am - Liberally apply rub to all surfaces of the brisket and press it in with your hands. Using the disposable lid makes for an easy cleanup.