Introduction: Lox. Cheap and Easy. 3 Ingredients.
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-2 pound Salmon Filet
- Place a Salmon Filet skin down (unless it is skinless) in a plastic storage container.
- Mix salt and sugar together in a bowl.
- Pour all of the salt/sugar mixture over the entire salmon.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator for 3 days
- Remove from refrigerator. Rinse well under running water.
- Slice thinly
This is also called gravlax. It is not smoked but cured.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.