here is a quick run through to show what it took... not to much step by step though i'm affraid
Step 1: Disassemble
Step 2: Analyze
an old compaq small form factor en800 wins the size relation test :) (notice the small PSU too)
Step 3: Build
what x86 guys would call the wrong side so i flipped the MB - besides heat rises -
some of the power cables also played a role
being a big fan of use of what you have right... mounting hardware=PCI slot blanks
i of course want this to "appear as stock as possable" - thanks monster garage...
but i needed to stand off the MB - I drilled some holes and threaded in some stand-offsfilled the back (or outside) with some wood putty to fill the holes -
I also found a better place for the HD cage -
this will have to live on hard flat surfaces - because the psu vents through the bottom...
the back... a 64meg card will goto the TV - i ended up filling all the holes
with hot glue -(tape one side - then fill - dry ... remove tape = flush smooth surface)-
including the slit cut for the AGP card (fill 1/2 way = so i can put the sticker back on hehehe)
i also found i neat place for the power button and LEDS -
the LEDS are in the floppy slot and the power and reset button where punched through the bottom vent on the front cover - or - face
Step 4: Test
Step 5: Paint
i used what i had - crome for the inside... very shiny and a pretty nice black metal fleck for the outside
everything went well . . . but i had some problem spots on the outside because of the cold weather - no big deal and not to noticable from 2 feet or so...
Step 6: Enjoy
it was a mame machine for a bit but now it just sits... waiting to be used or upgraded or something...
the hole where the monitor lived has an acrylic sheet in front
i would like to add a 7" or so liliput but.. have havent revisited this in awhile
hope you enjoyed this :)