Equipment you will need:
1. A graphics workstation with Corel Draw*
2. A laser cutter*
3. Sewing needles for leather**
4. A microwave oven*
5. A large microwave-safe bowl
6. A thermometer (either a candy thermometer or a infrared thermometer should do nicely)
7. A toothbrush
8. A pistol or pistol form (you can use an actual pistol, a "blue gun" or even an airsoft pistol for this. (NOTE: Not pictured. Do not bring real guns to TechShop).
9. A short section of square acrylic rod approximately 0.25" thick cut to just fit between the front and rear sights of your pistol.
10. Some burnishing tools -- I use a spoon, a sharpie, and the handle of a leather punch but you could use any number of items for this.
11. A brush to apply contact cement
Supplies you will need:
1. A piece of heavy (8oz or more) vegetable tanned tooling leather at least 8" x 12"**
2. Some waxed thread**
3. Contact cement**
4. Fast Orange or similar hand cleaner
5. Paper towels
* Items available at TechShop
** Items available from Tandy Leather Factory
I made this at TechShop San Jose, so I was able to use one of their computers with Corel Draw and one of their 60W Epilog lasers. All TechShop members have access to the computer workstations, but you will need to take the Laser Cutter SBU (LAS101) class before you can use a laser at TechShop.
Note: If you don't have access to a laser cutter, I have pre-cut leather kits available in my etsy store.