A simple do it yourself method is explained to print and stick custom labels onto home brew electronic equipment
Step 1: WHAT YOU NEED
1. A laser printer : This will be used to print the text / graphics which have been composed using a PC.
2. The instrument cover on which the labels are to be stuck : This could be any equipment and the method is suitable for all surfaces. In the current demonstration the text color is black so a suitable background color should be selected.
3. 3M Magic Scotch tape : Scotch® Magic™ Tape is the original matte-finish, invisible tape. Frosty on the roll but invisible on paper, It’s the preferred tape for offices, home offices and schools.
4. Hobby knife : Which will be used for cutting the label strips.
5. A spray can of clear lacquer : This is typically the clear lacquer used as a protective coating on Printed Circuit Boards.