Introduction: MacBook Unibody Model A1278 LVDS Display Cable Replacement-1
If you have problems with your macbook display ,and you have to deal with hardware,we offered you one way of replacement. That is to use lvds display cable to make Unibody Model A1278 like new one.
Enjoy the instruction.
Note:because the steps of instruction over 30,so it need to separate into three parts to make a whole one.
Step 1: Access Door
- With the case closed, place the Unibody top-side down on a flat surface.
- Depress the grooved side of the access door release latch enough to grab the free end. Lift the release latch until it is vertical.
Step 2: Lift Up the Access Door
- The access door should now be raised enough to lift it up and out of the Unibody.
Step 3: Battery Safely Removed
- Be sure the access door release latch is vertical before proceeding.
- Grab the white plastic tab and pull the battery up and out of the Unibody.
Step 4: Lower Case
- One 3 mm Phillips screw.
- Three 13.5 mm Phillips screws.
- Four 3.5 mm Phillips screws.
Step 5: Open the Back Protection Enclosures
Using both hands, lift and remove the lower case off the upper case.
Step 6: Display Assembly
Step 7: Deal With Camera Data
De-route the camera data cable from the channel in the optical drive.
Step 8: Remove 3 Parts
Remove the following screws securing the camera data cable and right speaker to the upper case:
One 9.9 mm partially threaded Phillips screw
One 9.6 mm threaded Phillips screw
One 4 mm Phillips screw Slide the camera cable bracket out from under the subwoofer and remove it from the computer.
The iSight cable has an eyelet through which passes the left-most screw in these pictures.
Step 9: Remove the Tab From the Socket
- Grab the plastic pull tab secured to the display data cable lock and rotate it toward the DC-in side of the computer.
- Pull the display data cable connector straight away from its socket.
- Make sure to pull the connector straight away and not straight up from its socket.
Step 10: Remove Two Screws
- Remove the following two screws from the display data cable bracket:
- One 7 mm Phillips screw.
- One 5 mm Phillips screw.
- Lift the display data cable bracket out of the upper case.
Remove the two outer 6 mm Torx screws securing each side of the display to the upper case (4 screws total).
- Open your MacBook so the display is perpendicular to the upper case.
- Place your opened MacBook on a table as pictured.
- While holding the display and upper case together with your left hand, remove the 6 mm Torx screw from the lower display bracket.
Step 13: Remove the Last Remaining 6 Mm Torx Screw
- Be sure to hold the display and upper case together with your left hand. Failure to do so may cause the freed display/upper case to fall, potentially damaging each component.
- Remove the last remaining 6 mm Torx screw securing the display to the upper case.
Step 14: Separate the Display Monitor With Keyboard
- Grab the upper case with your right hand and rotate it slightly toward the top of the display so the upper display bracket clears the edge of the upper case.
- Rotate the display slightly away from the upper case.
- Lift the display away from the upper case, minding any brackets or cables that may get caught.
Step 15: Front Display Glass
- In the following steps, you will use a heat gun to soften the adhesive securing the outer black border around the underside of the front glass panel to the display. The area the adhesive is applied to is shown in red in the second picture.
- With the heat gun set to low, start by heating the outer black border near the upper right corner of the glass panel.
- Always aim the heat gun away from the soft rubber strip around the display glass. Heating the rubber will cause it to melt slightly, turning its finish from matte to glossy. Touching overheated rubber can cause it to permanently deform.
- Due to the heat applied, it is normal for a layer of condensation to develop on the inside of the glass panel and/or the outside of the LCD. It can be removed with glass cleaner once the glass is separated from the display
- With the panel sufficiently heated, fasten a heavy-duty suction cup near the upper right corner of the display glass.
- Don't fasten the suction cup on top of the rubber strip around the edge of the display glass.
- To attach the suction cups we sell, first position the suction cup with the movable handle parallel to the face of the glass panel. While lightly holding the suction cup against the glass, raise the movable handle until it is parallel with the other handle.
- Slowly and gently pull the corner of the display glass up off the display assembly.
- If only the top edge of the glass lifts up (as seen in the third picture), repeat steps one and two until you can lift up the corner of the panel.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.