This Instructable shows how to use the a salvaged panel, a DC power source and inverter to create a large, low intensity light.
Some Words Of Warning
This project involves electricity, high voltage and soldering. If you do not feel confident about working with any of these things, do not attempt this project.
Step 1: Materials
- Broken LCD panel with a functioning Cold Cathode Fluorescent Light tube
- DC-AC inverter for your LCD panel and hookup harness
- DC power source capable of producing at least 12V
- Soldering Iron
- Selection of resistors (for a 12V power supply a 70K Ohm and 50K Ohm)
- Single Pull, Single Throw switch (SPST)
- Hookup Wire
- Screwdrivers and other implements of destruction
- COMMON SENSE FOR WORKING WITH HIGH VOLTAGE
Step 2: Locate a broken lcd panel
Broken LCD screens can be found on EBay. Look for 15"-17" monitors.