Name(s): Cluracon + Chemical Ceri
Abstract: The mad midori sour is a scientific twist on a classic cocktail. Combining the fluorescence of B12 and quinine with the effervescent glory of a simple science fair volcano, adding a kick of midori & a splash of sweet syrup for good measure, this is a potion perfect for any potty Professor.
Objective: What is the ultimate mad science cocktail?
Hypothesis: A variation of the midori sour cocktail, fluorescent and frothing, will provide the true mad scientist experience and result in a delicious alcoholic chemical compound, perfect for celebrating the New Year/latest discovery/rise of your zombie army (delete as appropriate).
(in summary: baker + designer + instructables + bank holiday = midori madness)
Step 1: Materials & Equipment
- Vitamin B12 capsules
- Citric Acid (1/4 tsp)
- Lemon juice (juice of 1/2 lemon)
- Sugar (3 tbsp)
- Bicarbonate of soda (1/4 tsp)
- Tonic water
- Saucepan & hob
- Pestle/rolling pin
- UV light
- Vessels for drink & ingredients (flask & test tubes if you fancy the whole mad science look)
- Experiment instruction card (provided here for printing)
- Spirit of scientific adventure an advantage