Introduction: Magic Candle With a Kinetic Electric Generator (Fusion 360)
This lamp with a kinetic generator that lights up when shaking.
This generator can be used in the Internet of things, as the charger or as a basis for a flashlight.
I used this generator in the magic lamp for a children's holiday.
I created this lamp for a little grandson who got a magic candle and he was the best gnome on New Year's holidays!
Step 1: Materials
The body lamp and candle body I printed on the 3D printer.
I decorated the seams and joints with a 3d pen .
For the generator should be -
- 4 magnets Ø 15 mm x 5 mm
- 6 coils on a common basis
- 12 diodes Schottky
- 1 bright white LED
- 1 thin magnetic disk.
Step 2: Body of the Lamp
The body lamp, I drew in Autodesk 123D Design and consists of several parts.
Lamp housing is easy to assemble. I used a bit of glue.
You can see the photos part of the body and when it is assembled together.
Lamp housing printed with wooden filament. STL files attached.
Step 3: Body of the Candle
The body of the candle, I drew in the Fusion 360.
As the drawing you can see in the video.
It's an easy job, and did not require a lot of time.
The body of the candle, I printed with white ABS plastic and yellow flame.
Inside the candle is a space for the generator.
STL files attached.
Step 4: Kinetic Generator
- I printed a base for the coil. The magnets are moved inside the base.
- I reeled 6 coils on a plastic body. I used 35AWG wire (0.143 mm) to fill. Each 2 coils connected to each other as shown. Thus we get the 6 wires.
- Next, we collect 3 diode bridges and connect to the coils. The positive and negative terminals are connected to the LED.
I used PMEG2010AEB diodes as the best for this purpose. You can use other Schottky diodes with low forward voltage.
- Insert the magnets. I used 4 magnets diameter 15mm and 5mm height.
You can use any of the magnets 15 mm diameter of several pieces in such a way that would have been the height of 15-25mm. You can also use single magnets 20-25mm.
- At the bottom of the candle we sticking a small magnet that will be as a spring.
If everything is correctly assembled candle should flash at easy shaking.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.