The premise of the Magic Mirror is to play various video responses based on sensor inputs. For example upon a button switch press, the Magic Mirror will play one of three weather forecast videos depending on the weather forecast for that day: a sunny day video, a grey skies/ok day video, and a rainy day video response. Likewise for stock performance, it will play one of three videos depending on how your stocks(s) did for the day. There are also some videos that play when triggered by the proximity sensor.
- IOIO Board: IOIO Board $50 or Droidalyzer IOIO Board $65 (IOIO + onboard LIPO charger, LIPO battery, pin headers, bluetooth dongle, mint tin case, alcohol detector)
- Android Phone
- Android Magic Mirror App: Trial Version and Paid Version (the trial version is exactly the same except with a trial version message) . Definitely use the trial version first to see if it's a fit for you before getting the paid version.
- 2 momentary switches
- Maxbotix EZ-1 Proximity Sensor - $25
- 10K Potentiometer
- 220 Ohm resistor
- Two-Way Mirror - $20 for 12"x12" size
- Foam core board
- Enclosure of your choice
Step 1: Wiring up the Circuit
1. Install the Magic Mirror Mini app onto your Android phone.
2. Wire up the circuit following this schematic.
3. Launch the Magic Mirror app, go to settings, Bluetooth and Bluetooth pair to the IOIO board using code: 4545.
4. The app should now be playing different videos based on the sensor and switch inputs.