Step 2: Assembly
1. Begin by inserting and soldering all seven 200 ohm resistors. Make a nice tight 90 degree bend on both wire leads and insert all the way so that the resistors rest snugly against the board. Doing this will make it easier to install the LEDs between the resistors.
2. Install and solder in the slide switch and two button switches as shown in the diagram.
3. Now install the IC socket. Do not insert the programmed microchip yet. Solder it in.
4. Install the battery clip. (Notice, when installed properly the positive post extension will extend toward the center as shown and the battery clip itself will extend slightly past the end of the board.)
5. Finally install the 7 LEDs being careful to orient correctly. Notice that the positive leg (longer lead) will always be on the right when the board is oriented as shown.