Introduction: Magic Stop Telcom Drop
The Magic Stop Telcom Drop allows me to play a 20 second message through the shown (Unmodified Modem) to each and every unwanted call. It uses the following circuit and devices: At the press of a button it activates the modem; plays a 20 second message and then tuns the modem off. AND YES - This is an internal modem being controlled by an Analog Device and IT WORKS !
2 inches by 2 inches
- Radio Shack 20 Second Record / Play module (9v)
- 555 Timer Chip (Using 100uf 50v Electrostatic Capacitor; 40K Resistor & 100K Potentiometer)
..... Timing can be adjusted from 10 to 25 seconds
- 4N25 Phototransistor Optocoupler (for triggering the 555 Timer & the Radio Shack Play Module)
- 9v to 5v 7805 Regulator
- (2) opposing Zener Diodes for Spike protection from modem connection
- Socket for an Adaftruit 315 Mhz 4 button remote module (Momentary Non-Latching)
- DPDT On / Off switch to separate Modem from Telcom Drop for adjusting Timer and Recording Message.
- External Dial 10K Potentiometer for Message Volume.
- 2.1 mm DC Power Jack for 9 volt DC 300-400 ma Wall Adapter.
- Jumpers for:
.... Setting 9v or 5v control to the modem.
.... Setting NPN or PNP transistor control logic to the Modem.
.... Setting Button Control of remote (1 only): A, B, C or D
With the Telcom Drop powered up and connected to my Internet VOIP / Router installation Message recorded and timer adjusted I am ready for any unwanted call.
When a call comes in and I see it on my Television and its and unwanted call I push the play button and the Telcom Drop does its thing. It tells the modem to answer the call and play the message then turn off the modem.
Ultimate Unexpected Result:
PRIVACY When you want it. 99% of the Recording being done (Eavesdropping) is done by the phone lines via speaker phones. So another option is to activate the modem & play the recording and press the LOCK BUTTON on the case that will keep the message going until you are done with your private conversation. Press the UNLOCK BUTTON and the unit releases the MODEM and is ready for use on the next unwanted call.
The final boards will be ready in about 2-3 weeks so I can make one for my family and all that want it as well.
DISCLAIMER: This device is designed to work via a Internet VOIP / Router installation but, will work on normal lines too. Magic Stop is not associated with Magicjack ® but, we use it proudly in our device testing. All systems we work with are used ONLY on VOIP / Router configuration so we are in compliance with FCC rules at all times. Check with your phone company before connecting any device to their lines to see if its okay. And if its AT&T let them know Robert Cooper said hello :)
More information can be found at: MagicStop.net | firstname.lastname@example.org | Youtube