One word of warning, a neodymium magnet of this size is quite powerful, as you can see from the picture its easily suspending over 24ounces of water and it really can hold a lot more then that, also beware of having a powerful magnet near electronic devices.
- roughly 5ft of leather lace, the size i used was 1/8th inch wide
- Magnetic sphere for center
- optional/helpful- needle nose pliers for tightening knot
- optional- keychain to attach knot to.
- pull out about 5ft of lace
- follow the PDF step 1 where the rope going up your arm is going to the spool and the free end will be pointed away from your hand
- Follow the remaining steps on the PDF until you finish step 4
- Now gently remove the knot from your hand, and start tightening it up. To do this hold one of the ends(spool or free end) and then pull out a bit of slack going towards the other end and do this until your knot is just bigger then the magnet
- At this point it should look like a sphere itself
- Now take your free end insert it along side the lace where the spool end enters the knot(in step on the part going up your arm)
- Now go though the whole not again pulling the free end beside the spool end.
- You will wind up with this 18 sided not that has two lace strands going though it you can go though 3+ timea if you want
- At this point it should still be fairly loose, so put the magnetic ball in the center of the knot
- Now go back and retighten the knot again like you did in step 4 but this time even tighter this will take some time
- Once you are done either trim off the ends close to the knot, or tie them(like i did) to make a loop
Tying knots is a hard thing to try to describe, if there is any confusion please feel free to ask questions ill do my best to answer them.