Introduction: 3 Minutes Hack - Magnetic Drugs Board
Recently I became a father, which means I have kids (duh...)
Kids mean illnesses and illnesses means medicines - lots of medicines, quite fast our bathroom cupboard became overloaded with all sort of medicines for them and for us as well (headaches, sleeping pills and prophylactics), which were all stuck in a mess in one box. whenever you need something - you need to start digging, and the nature rule is always to find what you were looking for last.
I wanted to find a solution !!!
In this instructable described a simple way to make some order to that mess...
What you'll need:
- Many small magnets in different sizes (disposable)
- Magnetic board or any magnetic plate
- Some glue
- Double sided tape
Step 1: Get the Medicines
Go to your medicine box, and grab the mostly used medicines, the ones that you want to make available.
Step 2: Stick the Magnets to the Medicine
Improvise ! Be innovative !
Stick each medicine with one or more magnets, that will hold it later to the board.
Thumb rule - big and heavy items need strong magnets ! (get some rare earth magnets if you can (try here)
Step 3: Attach the Magnetic Board to the Cabinet Door, Stick Medicines - DONE!
- Use the double sided tape to mount the magnetic board to the inner side of your cabinet door.
- Stick the medicines on the board.
- whenever a medicine is empty - throw it away with it's magnet.
The medicines are much more available and accessible. Yee-Haa!
- Adding a small and strong - led light may be a serious addition for night time operations.
- The magnetic marker that is being supplied with the board can be used for notes, expiration dates, etc.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.