Introduction: Magnetic Mystery Machine
A device where objects circle each other and rotate around their own axles - inner ring clockwise and outer ring counter clockwise and vice verse depending in which direction the wooden disc is being turned. Magnets on the mirror have their axle of polarity in a 90-degree angle with respect of the poles of the magnets in the wooden disc below the mirror. The outer ring and inner ring rotate in different direction because the magnets on the mirror contact the surface harder on the side which is closer to the magnet below and that determines the direction of spin.
Step 1: What You Need / Measurements
1. A wooden disc Ø110 mm x 20 mm
2. Disc magnets Ø8 mm x 2 mm (in drilled holes + there is two Ø10 mm x 3 mm, to each end magnets visible) On the mirror there is 10 pieces of Ø10 mm x 3 mm disc magnets - one for each object.
3. Ø8 mm Threaded rod + nuts
4. Drill for drilling the holes and spinning the wooden disc. There is 12 pieces of Ø8 mm x 2 mm disc magnets in each hole + the added 2 visible magnets - so together five 30mm long magnets in the wooden disc.
5. A mirror or some other flat plane.
6. Interesting looking objects to spin, I bought an old alarm clock which I dissembled for the parts.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.