I made a lot of these as cheap christmas presents that everyone loved.
Step 1: Ingedients
* Some sort of steel wire, I used PVC Coated Galvanised Wire Rope.
* Sinkers, I used 4oz Snapper sinkers
* Zip ties
* Heat Shrink Tubing
* Super Glue
* Clear Coat
* Neodymium Magnets 6mm x 1.5mm
* Rotary tool
* Razor Blade
* Wire Cutter
* Ear Plugs
Step 2: Prepare the Sinkers
Start by cutting the loop off the top of the sinker and then drilling a hole slightly larger than the wire in the top.
Use a sanding bit on the rotary tool to clean up the surface of the sinkers and finished them off with a wire brush bit.
Finally, give them all a coat of clear coat.
Step 3: Prepare the Wire
Take the zip ties and make them into loops, this will make it easier when putting them on the wire.
Slide two zip ties on the a wire and bend one end of the wire to create a loop. Now secure the zip ties to hold the loop. Trim the excess off the zip ties.
Cut lengths of the heat-shrink tubing long enough to cover the zip ties and slide one onto the wire and use the lighter to shrink it.
Step 4: Attach the Sinker
Fill the hole in the sinker with super glue and insert the wire.
Hold them still until it sets. This should only take a few seconds.
Leave them still for a few hours or more for the glue to properly set.
Step 5: Finished
Things to be careful of:
* Don't hang these where small children can play with them. The magnets are very easy to swallow.
* Don't hang them in a windy/gusty area or you'll be forever picking up photos and magnets.