An old 3" PC fan
A dead hardrive
A 12v ac adaptor
Misc Items depending on your taste for getting things done :)
Read on, and enjoy.
Not my original IDEA
Step 1: Set up your PC fan.
I used a 3" fan that I salvaged from an old PC I had laying around
1. Pull the black end off of the cables.
2. I did this carefully to keep the metal contacts in place, otherwise you'll be working with bare cables.
3. Optional : Clean the fan of all dust, I did this with a Q-Tip soaked in alcohol, just to make it look pretty :)
Step 2: Connect Power Supply
MAKE SURE ITS 12 VOLTS OUTPUT! or else you'll burn out your fan before you even get to test it out.
I used regular tape, just to keep it simple.
1. Put the red cable inside the little socket, this is your positive.
2. Put the black cable on the outside of the plug, this is your negative.
3. Grab your tape and tape these connectors nice and tight so it doesn't shift during use.
4. After the connecters are taped, give it a little tug to make sure they'll stay in place.
5. Plug in adaptor to the wall, and make sure it works.
6. Now unplug your power, and secure the wires to the fan. I used a hot glue gun and put a couple drops to hold the cables down.
Ready? NEXT STEP PLEASE!