The idea behind this instructable was based entirely around my lack of space.
I wanted to be able to play chess, both in person, and over long distance. the latter requiring a set to be set up most the time.
As i don't have the room to store a set up chess set, i decided to make a magnetic version, to be hung on the wall.
So, here we go, and bare with me, theres alot to this one.
Step 1: Getting Equipment, Materials
ok, list of equipment goes like this
- Decent Cutting board - the larger the better
- A sharp exacto / scapel knife
- A sharp Stanley knife
- plenty of spare blades
- A A4 inkjet printer
- A4 Laminator (optional but recommended)
- PVA/Wood Glue
List of materials
- Two sheets of Dense card (as in pictures below)
- Plenty of Mountboard style card (same thickness etc)
- 64 Small magnets, these must be the same depth as your dense cardboard! (many great sellers on ebay for these)
- Paper (obviously)
- 32 Magnetic washers/coins (most 1pence and 2 pence pieces are magnetic CHECK THEM FIRST THOUGH!)
Think thats it!