P.S: Sorry if my english is bad.
Step 1: What You Need
- 2mm and 1mm thick card board
- Companion cube template (http://tiffchow.typepad.com/voxblog/2007/10/weightedcompanioncubepapercraft.html)
- White LEDs (I use recycled ones)
- Black and white paint
- Magnets (I use black magnet)
- Metal sheet
- A small LED light (you can replace with a circuit to power the LED if you can)
- Sand paper (to prepair the surface for painting)
- Thin red and pink paper
- Razor knife
- Paint brush
- Solder iron
Step 2: The Circuit
The power source is a LED light circuit. Mine conect to a series of 4 LEDs so I use the cricuit above.
Step 3: Making the Cube
After you cut out the squares, cut out the heart and cover with pink paper and cover it with a piece of 1mm card board like in the picture.
Step 4: Edges and Corners
The edge is put on a 1mm thick cardboard so add edges like in the picture (2mm for the cube's edge and 1mm for the piece thickness)
The corner is made out of 2mm thick card broad. the small 2mmx2mm block is needed or else there is a hole (in the picture). Also add the magnet to the bottom corner
Step 5: Finish the Cube
Prepair the cube to paint by soak the cube in glue, let it dry and sand it smooth.
Step 6: The Button
After that, cut a cardboard box like the previous step. It should be a square box but I cut a rectangle instead.
Finish it by put in the electronic and close it up (I use the LED set in the lamp). The LED strip should be glued in the bottom of the box
Step 7: Finished
Additionally, you can add a switch, or even an sound effect if you can.
If you need any answer, feel freely to ask me in the comment below.