Step 1: You'll Need...
- Coloured felt for the body of the squid
- Somewhat matching thread (I didn't have any sewing thread, so I used a couple strands from some embroidery floss)
- White felt for the eyes
- Dark embroidery floss for the pupils
- A sewing needle
- An embroidery needle
- Squid pattern
- Stuffing (optional, you could also use some extra felt)
- Sewing pins (also optional)
Step 2: Pattern
Step 3: Cut Out the Entire Squid!
Step 4: Separate the Parts of Your Squid
Cut 2 pieces in this shape out of the coloured felt.
Step 5: Eyeballs
Cut out an eye from the pattern, and cut two from white felt.
Step 6: Sew the Eyes
Repeat for the other eye, and tie off your thread.
Step 7: Optional - Stuffing
If you have extra felt, you could also cut smaller triangles and sandwich them.
If you have a more fluffy sort of stuffing, you could add that when you're almost done sewing each triangle.
Step 8: Sewing
Using whipstitch, sew up your squid sandwich! Follow the edge of the triangles.
Look at the notes in the pictures for tips! :)
Step 9: Mail!
Put it in an envelope and mail it to someone cool.