Step 1: Materials Used
2. Some plywood, 3/8 inch minimum thickness. I needed four pieces, 12 inches x 14 inches long, for the sides, and one piece for the bottom. It is cut to fit by placing piece of plywood over opening, and marking where needed. This assures a tight fit.
3. "Siding" material for the planter sides...I made mine out of re-used fence boards. This means no finishing needed as it gives a rustic appearance.
4. Screws to hold it all together, specifically, 1 x 1/4in and, 1 x 5/8 in drywall screws.
5. Liquid Nails or other suitable adhesive.
6. Asphalt emulsion to line planter with.
7. Black plastic, as a trash bag, to use as an insert to prevent water damage to wood parts.
8. Stepping stone mold...If interested, ask and I wil give source.