This Instructable assumes that you know a little bit about sheet metal work. I have written several Instructables that cover some of these techniques.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
- 2 square feet of 20 or 22 Gauge sheet steel
- 3/16" x 1 1/4" bolt
- 3/16" nut
- 3/16" Plastic or Nylon Washers
- 3/16" Lockwasher
- Printed Design
- Spray paint in the colours you have selected
- 4 feet of 1/4" or 3/8" solid steel rod
- Ear protection
- Ball-pein Hammer
- Bandsaw or Jigsaw
- Metal files
- Scotch Tape
- MIG welder (and ALL ASSOCIATED SAFETY EQUIPMENT)
- Bucket of water
Once we have these things we can proceed to laying out our pattern on the material.
Step 2: The Pattern
Big Flower Petals: 1 foot diameter.
Flower Center: 5 inch diameter.
Leaves: 4 inch diameter.
Once they're cut out, tape them onto the steel, and use the scriber tool to scratch their outline onto the steel. This will be our cutting guide, so make sure its visible.
Once the guides are in place, pull off the paper and discard.