This was made by me a year ago , but a few days back the LED strip started slipping from the Rod so I thought of making a instructable of it when I fixed it .
NOTE : This was made by waste parts or salvaged parts
The main thing to notice here is that the LED strip is not visible , but only the light is !
Step 1: Gather Material and Parts
1. Led strip around 2m
2. Copper wires for LED
3. Bump switch ( Salvage from old food mixers )
4. Electirc grade Wire
5. LED Power Supply 12V , 3W
6. A cylindrical rod ( A round one won't work )
1. Double Sided Tape ( You don't need this if you buy a new LED strip )
2. Electric Tape
3. Solder Machine and wire
Step 2: Circuit
This is very basic circuit suitable for beginners and people looking forward to lit up their clothes cupboard .
If you have a new LED strip , you can simply remove the tape from the back of it and stick it to the rod instead of using the double sided tape .
1. Join the +ve from LED to bumper switch (NC -Normally Close position) .
2. Joint the -ve of LED to -ve of Power Supply .
3. Join the other bumper switch to Power supply to complete circuit .
NOTE : The wire I attach to in Bumper Switch is in Normally Close position that is when free it closes the circuit .
That is When Free , when the door is open .
Attach the LED to the back side of the rod so that it is not visible , giving the perfect ambience .
Step 3: Final AC Connections
WARNING : DANGER
I do not take any responsibility for your actions.
These connections should be done under proper supervision or by a technician !
Join the power supply to any plug at your home nearest to your cupboard .
I bypassed the switchboard to directly connect the power supply to Neutral and Phase .
Step 4: Thanks
Thanks for reading and If you make it do share it under in the comments !
If you liked it please press that little heart , means a lot to me and also Upvote in the Contest !