This is the real deal, you won't believe how creamy and rich this ice-cream is. This dairy-free ice-cream is made with coconut milk, a sweet treat for coconut lover. This recipe is suitable for people who are allergic to dairy milk (lactose intolerance).
Note: You need an ice-cream maker for this recipe.
Step 1: Click to Watch Video Instructions
Step 2: Ingredients
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 1/2 tbsps powdered sugar (icing sugar)
- 2 1/2 tsps cornstarch
- 13.5 fl.oz (400 ml) thick coconut milk
- 6.75 fl.oz (200 ml) water
- 5 tbsps fine granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
Step 3: Mixing
- Whisk egg yolks and powdered sugar until fluffy. Add cornstarch and mix well.
- Add in the rest of ingredients in another pot which will be use for heating, mix well
Step 4: Heating
- Heat the coconut mixture over medium-low heat. (DO NOT boil)
- Add in half of the warm mixture to the beaten egg yolks, keep stirring while adding.
- Combine the egg yolk mixture with the remaining coconut milk mixture, then stir over medium-low heat.
- Reduce to low heat when mixture starts to thicken. Continue stirring until you have a slightly thick custard which can coat the back of a spoon. (refer image)
Step 5: Set Aside to Cool and Chill
Chill for a few hours or into the freeze for 2 hours.
Step 6: Churn Up
Churn up with ice-cream maker until you have a smooth ice-cream.
Step 7: Serve
Serve and enjoy.
Printable this recipe at http://www.dietplan-101.com/dairy-free-coconut-milk-ice-cream-recipe/
Subscribe Our Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dietplan101?sub_confirmation=1
Follow Us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dietplan101
Visit our site for more recipe: http://www.dietplan-101.com