Most of the instructables I write can be performed with every day tools. This instructable does require a specialty bicycle tool called a chain breaker
. A chain breaker has a rod that pushes the pins from between chain links and can be purchased at a bicycle shop. If you are going to be doing this project you should get a quality one because it will get a lot of use.
- Rubber gloves for handing the chain and the solvents
- Super glue to make the chain take on the star shape
- Chain breaker get a quality breaker if you can find one
- Hammer or pliers to reassemble the chain
- Nails (not pictured) to make a jig to hold the chain
- Wire hooks (not pictured), check the box stores in the holiday section