The holidays are approaching and I decided to make a number of gifts this year. Since only my friends and family actually read my instructables those people might want to stop reading here or risk spoiling your holiday surprise! This project is awesome because one chain produces a LOT of ornaments (I get an average of 10 ornaments per chain). It is easy to assemble, inexpensive, and it recycles what would otherwise be in the trash.
But how do you make this awesome ornament? Stay tuned I am about to instruct. This holiday project can be done very quickly so buckle up and lets go for a bicycle ride!
Step 1: The tools needed for this project
- Rubber gloves for handing the chain and the solvents
- Super glue to make the chain take on the star shape
- Chain breaker get a quality breaker if you can find one
- Hammer or pliers to reassemble the chain
- Nails (not pictured) to make a jig to hold the chain
- Wire hooks (not pictured), check the box stores in the holiday section